The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tring to find 4F in Greene County.....It must be like gold around here before fintlock season, cant find any....looks like a trip north or south of waynesburg. Anyone else having problems

·
Banned
462 Posts
Well I went to Gander Mountain in Williamsport to get powder. When I asked the guy at the counter if they had any GOEX black powder in stock he said they only had FFF and FF, which was fine because I needed FF. Well I asked if they had sold out of all the FFFF and he stated that the plant that makes FFFF blew up and that no one could order it currently. I dont know how much truth there is to it, but its what he claimed.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
x2
Round ball in a film canister and shake.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
3F will work fine as a pan powder. 2F will work also. Some use 3F and claim it doesn`t soak up moisture as readily as 4F.

·
Banned
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys I kinda hear the same thing with pill bottle.....Looks like thats the only way if I dont want to buy 25# online with a background check, and pay a haz fee......wow 9/11 and Ok bomber sure $#&@ed it up for us true sportsman.Just Went to wal mart in waynesburg to buy 50 cal bullets....They sell flintlocks, inline, and sidelock per. But they dont sell anything else....No bulets,Powder, pellets, ect...nothing...couldnt believe it. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well Ace sportinggoods in washington, pa has it in stock. I just picked up some there. You can call ahead and make sure they have it but normally they are well stocked!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts