The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Trump has gone on record now saying that he won't close the country down for a second wave. But what if blue state governors decide to? Since it was established earlier that he cannot order a governor how to handle their state I wonder what happens if blue state governors defy him and shut down for a second wave. The so-called medical "experts" think a second wave could occur in the fall so I could see some of these governors shutting down their states in October, right before the election to deal another blow to the economy and try to sabotage Trump's re-election.

Registered
If only Blue state governors do it, it will be very quickly and severely dismissed as nothing but an election stunt, and would backfire on a massive scale.

As much as I hate the lockdowns and believe them to be completely pointless, ineffective, and tyrannical, I hope Wolf does it. Cuomo too. Will guarantee PA goes red and just might flip NY. Maybe NJ will jump onboard. Murphy is dumb enough to give it a go.

Registered
If only Blue state governors do it, it will be very quickly and severely dismissed as nothing but an election stunt, and would backfire on a massive scale.

As much as I hate the lockdowns and believe them to be completely pointless, ineffective, and tyrannical, I hope Wolf does it. Cuomo too. Will guarantee PA goes red and just might flip NY. Maybe NJ will jump onboard. Murphy is dumb enough to give it a go.
Unfortunately I think there are more illegals, people on welfare, rich liberal scum, and other types that will outvote any people that are bothered by the shutdown in NY and NJ.

Registered
They can only shut us down if we allow it.
And there lies the problem. "We the people" have allowed these politicians to tell us what to do and when to do it.

Registered
First there would have to be a second wave. Numbers from states that opened and areas that opened suggest the infection rate continues to decline. Georgia, Florida, Wisconsin, etc. Our Chief Harrisburg Idiot refuses to let people even eat their carryout in the parking lot of the restaurant. Yet in Minnesota in many towns, the towns and villages set up picnic tables so families could sit and eat together. Even blocked off parking meters to set up pop up side walk seating areas. How can the public leaders in one area be such jerks and others be so accommodating?

I think Wolf got a taste of revolt and relented only so much as was necessary to save face.. He certainly is not sticking to the 50 cases per 100K population he said he would.

Pressure needs to stay on him. Some body also needs to address the high death count caused by placing infected people in nursing homes and hold him or Dr. Levine accountable. The Feds DOJ has entered a few freedom of religion suits across the country, but Trump could take a much stronger position and make the Blue Governors look so very bad.

Registered
And there lies the problem. "We the people" have allowed these politicians to tell us what to do and when to do it.

Yup, that's the problem. We let them do it and continue to. I take responsibility for myself, I believed them back in March. By late April I knew it was a bunch of bull and felt silly. But here's the thing. There were a few small restaurant's that defied the order and opened for inside eating in the past few weeks. They had their license pulled. Other business's that opened were threatened with having their electric and water turned off to force them to close again.

Hate to say it but short of out right revolt, by enough people that it would be overwhelming for the state government, wolf and levine hold all the cards.

Registered
We just better hope another round doesn't come again. Bad enough all the people laying up on the beaches and not a social distancing. Cases are surely gonna go up. It just amazes me how some people think this virus is a joke. Im not gonna get it. I'm young. If their not worried about themselves then they should think about their family. I know things are opening again but we have to be smart about what we do and how we do it. Safety first. As far as not closing if we have a second round it should be a governor decision. They are the ones running their state along with the legislature. Trump has to be careful because saying he won't close will have some people thinking he doesn't care about their safety. These are tough times and people are doing crazy things.

Registered
The virus was all around us before we were even aware it was already here. All the crowded restaurants, bars, schools and thousands of other public areas with lots of people. A small number of people got it before social distancing and the shutdown. A vast majority that died were elderly nursing home patients. Our hospitals never became overwhelmed. The opposite happened . They were dead and patients were unable to get elective surgeries and hospital staff got laid off.
This was all blown out of proportion and is still being blown out of proportion. We should of had a two week shutdown at the most to make sure the hospitals didn鈥檛 get overwhelmed and to educate people on social distancing and washing their hands more frequently.

Premium Member
We just better hope another round doesn't come again. Bad enough all the people laying up on the beaches and not a social distancing. Cases are surely gonna go up. It just amazes me how some people think this virus is a joke. Im not gonna get it. I'm young. If their not worried about themselves then they should think about their family. I know things are opening again but we have to be smart about what we do and how we do it. Safety first. As far as not closing if we have a second round it should be a governor decision. They are the ones running their state along with the legislature. Trump has to be careful because saying he won't close will have some people thinking he doesn't care about their safety. These are tough times and people are doing crazy things.
Well said!! After seeing all those idiots closely crowding on beaches, pool parties, ignoring mask wearing rules etc totally ignoring social distancing guidelines.... hopefully the next shutdown will make this one look like a picnic. This pandemic should be in our rearview mirror by now but thanks to these cavalier idiots....likely the worst is just ahead down the road.

Registered
Well said!! After seeing all those idiots closely crowding on beaches, pool parties, ignoring mask wearing rules etc totally ignoring social distancing guidelines.... hopefully the next shutdown will make this one look like a picnic. This pandemic should be in our rearview mirror by now but thanks to these cavalier idiots....likely the worst is just ahead down the road.
The "pandemic" was in the rear-view 6 weeks ago.
Only the cries of woe and gloom from the fearful has kept us shut down this long... it sure hasn't been the science.
If you're afraid, or privy to information the rest of the world isn't, wear a mask, stay home, shelter in fear.
The rest of us "cavalier idiots" would like to resume enjoying freedom & life.

Registered
The virus was all around us before we were even aware it was already here. All the crowded restaurants, bars, schools and thousands of other public areas with lots of people. A small number of people got it before social distancing and the shutdown. A vast majority that died were elderly nursing home patients. Our hospitals never became overwhelmed. The opposite happened . They were dead and patients were unable to get elective surgeries and hospital staff got laid off.
This was all blown out of proportion and is still being blown out of proportion. We should of had a two week shutdown at the most to make sure the hospitals didn鈥檛 get overwhelmed and to educate people on social distancing and washing their hands more frequently.
Not so sure a "small" number of people had it.

I just read a story about the N.O. Saints coach and his positive covid-19 case. Had chills and extreme fatigue, and a day or so of fever, and after 3 days that was about it.

Long before it hit the fan, something roared thru work, more than 70 of us, almost a third of the site, got it. This is people in cubes and technicians in the shop areas. 11 of 13 in my group.

My symptoms were *exactly* as Payton described his. At the time we all were like dang, never had anything quite like that. Maybe it was just the "regular" flu. But there is that doubt and after reading about the coach, even more doubt.

And we had many customer visitors from China, and some from the U.K. prior to that.

It could be that a lot more people were already thru it and we just don't know it. I intend to ask about an antibody test when I can get my postponed annual physical rescheduled. If I would happen to have them, I will glady donate plasma as often as they let me.

Administrator
I think that if we do have such a thing as a second wave of this chinese virus the numbers of dead wont be nearly as high as long as we can find some way to keep certain democrat governors from sending virus victims to nursing homes where the most vulnerable people live.

Registered
Ha! Ha! Ha! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Registered
I am convinced if we had a Democrat President right now the fear mongering would be a fraction of what it currently is. Liberals have no sound policies and only run on identity politics and their current nominee isn鈥檛 even good at. In fact most teenagers may possibly have more social awareness then he does.

This crisis was like hitting the lottery for liberals and they want to drag it out as long possible. Trump was killing it with the economy and world peace before this happened. Without a major crisis they know they have no chance.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts