The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on vacation in Wildwood Crest since last Thursday and everyday I wake up and see 3 Trump flags along with an American flag posted in the marsh. First thing this morning all the Trump signs are gone. The America flag is still standing.

Did some one steal them or knock them over Or is someone pissed off that probably 50 % of the boats that come by our dock are flying Tump flags. To date, I have not seen one Biden flag.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Doesn’t surprise me. Night before thanksgiving last year my son got a call from the state college police notifying him that some clown lit a Trump flag on fire that was hanging on the side of their house. It burnt up the siding and gutters but that was it.. Could have been way worse!

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
I remember talking to my liberal brother-in-law from Washington DC during the 2016 campaign. I told him I have been working all over Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia and there are Trump signs all over the place and I have not seen a single Hillary sign. He told me not to worry, Hillary would win. Well, we know what happened. This time around, I am seeing way more signs, bumper stickers, and barns painted! I have not run into a single person that is voting for Biden.
I was at Cape Hatteras surf fishing in May and daily flew a kite off the truck with a trump flag flying below it. I got nothing but compliments. So, to answer your question, I think they were stolen.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Was up visiting the inlaws in Cambria county the other day. About every 4th or 5th house (spaced pretty far apart, for sure) had trump flags flying. Didn't see one Biden flag that whole trip. My FIL and Step MIL are definitely democrats though. MIL and Step FIL are the opposite. Neither flew any flags. Only seeing Trump yard signs in my hood but I know a couple of my neighbors are hard core dems (and we get along well) and will not be voting for Trump. No signs for them, yet.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I don't put political signs or flags in my yard. Too many crazy people who may try to do something to your house or property. Most of us are not home all day because we have to work so I don't take chances. I know who I'm voting for and my neighbors don't need to know.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I don't put political signs or flags in my yard. Too many crazy people who may try to do something to your house or property.
Huh, somebody might "do something". Oh my. I kind of see it another way. Ill post what I want where I want and proudly let people know who and what I stand for. If it costs me in any way thats the price for being a free man. Ill fight to defend it and Ill pay to repair it and put it up in their faces again. And again. Same as when we enlisted, you might have gotten killed but that's what it cost to be free.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Once you get out of State College borough headed in any direction you see many Trump signs and flags but 0 Biden signs. Gives me hope for November. In the borough nothing but Biden signs, big surprise, along with the signs in multiple languages telling everyone how happy they are that you are my neighbor no matter where you're from or what language you speak.Funny, those are all white neighborhoods. Virtue signaling in this town is a safe thing to do, you can talk the talk but don't have to walk the walk.
I love the hypocrisy of the local crowd, they disdain the military, conservatives and any republican president but see no problem when PSU is awarded billion dollar contracts for weapons research.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts