The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at state game lands #230(North of Carlisle) this morning and I talked to a woman that stopped by and told me her husband's truck was stolen there on Wednesday between 12 and 2. There was also another vehicle broken into there on Thursday. The window was busted out. I do not know if there was anything stolen from it or not.

This all happened in a parking lot on the south side of rt944 that sits there all by itself. There is a gate at the side of the lot that blocks a grass road that leads down over the hill to a small foodplot. If you know the area you will know the one .

I just wanted to let anyone that hunts there to make sure they lock their trucks(seems like it may not matter) and make sure anything that looks valuable is not out where someone is tempted to take it. If anyone sees or hears anything fishy call the police.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did he have anything stolen?? I wonder if they saw something that looked inviting.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would think that is one of the spots you could trust someone. I assume it was not another hunter.

It just stinks because I will often have more than one gun with me. Insurance will pay for stuff but you can't put a price on a gun that has been handed down to you. I would feel horible if one of my guns were stolen.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
i know what you mean. all of my guns are from my dad or grand-dad (except my flintlock) and each gun has different memories/history to them

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Nope he didn't have anything stolen from his truck. He told me he had an Ipod out in the open, various camping gear, high end sunglasses, and other stuff that would entice someone to take. I often bring a second shotgun as well b/c i have a friend that hunts with me often that borrows one of my shotguns. Both of the guns I use for birds are handed down to me. My Ithica mod 37 16 ga from my grandfather and my 16 ga wingmaster is from my dad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts