The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with a good dealer of truck caps in south central Pa. ?? I am in Franklin County, but will travel for a good deal on truck caps !!

Thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Depends on what brand. I just ordered a Leer 100XR this morning from the Leer factory outlet in Milton, PA (Northumberland Co.). Jeraco truck cap factory/outlet is on a few doors down. Buying direct from them may cut out the "middle" man and save you a few $.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I bought my leer at the Eastern Outdoors show few years ago. I saved a few hundred and got 2 extra with the special. I chose the carpeted headliner and front fold down window. I don't know if there will be a leer dealer at the NRA show now.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Try Ishler's in Mt Joy. It's in Lancaster right off the highway about 15 minutes form the Harrisburg East exit of the turnpike. It's a small family business run out of the barn behind their house but they gave me a really good price on mine.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I bought mine from the leer outlet in Milton also last month. I got the 100r painted the same color as my truck without the side sliding windows for 975. every other place I checked was 200 more.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
338/378wm said:
I bought mine from the leer outlet in Milton also last month. I got the 100r painted the same color as my truck without the side sliding windows for 975. every other place I checked was 200 more.
WOW! That's were I'll get my next one. Paid a lot more for mine.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
yea bob I was happy with them. I bought a new ram 2500 diesel. I only want the cap on from November to march to keep my hunting and trapping stuff dry and out of the weather. I couldn't see the extra expense for sliding side windows. for those that have caps how often do you open those windows. I thought the leer factory was real good on their price.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I work right down the street from fox truck caps in Hazleton. I stopped there and got a price. I think he wanted almost 1500 for a comparable ARE cap. I quickly left. I like this leer cap I got in my opinion the same cap as the ARE I looked at but a lot cheaper. the owner out at the leer factory told me as long as I owned the cap he would take care of any problems if I ever had one. like I said I save close to 200 dollars by not getting the sliding side windows. could not imagine ever using them. just wanted one to put on in the winter months or if driving out west when I retire to hunt. if I draw my Arizona tag this year im thinking of driving out and bringing all my elk meat back.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
That's what I paid. I got the side windows in and I never use them. My next truck an F150 I'll be sure to get the cap from Milton and with no side windows.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
bob, mine has side windows just not sliding. looks good and still lets light in. also came with an interior light and third brake light. when you get your new truck give them a call. they are only about 45 minutes from Hazleton. and they do have a website. big place out there. they assemble and do all the painting out there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts