The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I am pretty new to this muzzleloading stuff. Anyone ever replace their old iron sights with something brighter? If someone could point me in the right direction I would be super appreciative! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
I have TC fiber optics on my TC Hawken....might not be traditional....but legal and really helps..rear green dots and red front sight..

I have a slight astigmatism that really cant be corrected...traditional irons are tough for me...i can use a peep fine...my next move may be a peep and fiber optic front sight just to see how i like that...

Best move i ever made with the flinter for sure...

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
mauser06 said:
I have TC fiber optics on my TC Hawken....might not be traditional....but legal and really helps..rear green dots and red front sight..

I have a slight astigmatism that really cant be corrected...traditional irons are tough for me...i can use a peep fine...my next move may be a peep and fiber optic front sight just to see how i like that...

Do it you will love it. Got mine from Williams sights. Found out this year that if you screw out the rear peep sight insert in poor light, which turns it into a ghost sight, it helps to see the target.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
there is a muzzleloader shop in beaver falls its called shablesky they can help you with what you need if you need help or just want some help in shooting you are more then welcome to come up and ill help you out

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have a williams front fiber optic with an rmc v peep in the rear, works great!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
mauser06 said:

I switched tot he T/C fo on my Renegade. The narrow red front sight is much better than the big iron front blade that came on the Renegade

·
Registered
260 Posts
You can't go wrong with a fiber front site and a rear peep. Works great and you don't have to think about alignment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts