The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking in trying the tru-ball sweet spot release?
My question I shoot the release at a 45 angle pincky up thumb down I wonder off a D LOOP will it work with out any problems?
My tru-ball extreme has a 360 degree head so turning my release hand up is no problem,I like to try a back tension release

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have never shot the sweet spot have shot B.T's for years heres the things I have found.....
the more straight up your hand is the eaiser they will go off so yes it will work at a 45 degree and it will work at 90 degrees too ! If you are going to try one start 5 ft from the bale and draw whith your eyes closed, anchor and WORK the release off only thinking of pull pull pull untill it breaks !!(think,try and make your shoulder blades touch in the middle of your back) By being close you don't have to worry about missing the bales. IF you are doing this with your eyes open when your site is in the bull or cross's it you'll "rip" the shot trying to make it go when you want it to not a surprise release like it should be, If you are trying a BT and keeping score most of the time your scores will drop abit untill you really learn to shot it. then they should climb and pass where you were scoring before. This takes time to learn but well worth it!!! I shoot my trigger release(hunting only) much better after learning B.T.
Any questions feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I haven't shot mine in some time but when I was shooting it I shot it off the string. I could shoot amazing groups with it but not to the same point of impact as my Tru-Fire. I assume the loop on the release is alittle short and I am torquing the string when I rotate my hand? I used to use it to warm up for a few shots and then would switch to my regular release.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My B.T and trigger are both rope to bowstring, I am lucky with set up as they shoot with-in and Inch or less of each other, But you have to try it and see like asajoe1 said they may hit way off

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I am shooting this release now trying to remember my old days when I did shoot a back tension release.I been shooting a bow for some 40+ plus years.I did give it up around 1998 bad cervical but I did have the 2 bad disc removed in 2008.
I am back shooting a bow but a newer style Martin saber with the M Pro cams.I have it set to 53lbs bow pulls like butter but now and then I see my self punching the tru-ball extreme,I also had it fly out of my hands last season broke the rest but I did repair it no problem,I also did re-tune the bow using the bare shaft out to 20 yards.The target or panic problems comes and goes I find shooting from the chair in the ground blind I have no problems but standing here and there it will start up .The next problem also is age as it creeps up on you the body is not what it use to be at 63 I still enjoy bow hunting.I would like to start the off season with the back tension release and then switch back to the tru-ball extreme or the sweet spot.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
You have certainly chosen a good release in the Sweet Spot. I have a Sweet Spot Ultra 3, and I love it. You can shoot it on the 45 degree angle you described and have no problems. It shoots identical to my Tru Ball Short and Sweet strap release, but they both have similar heads. I have even hunted with my sweet spot in past years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts