The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I love everything that TU does for conservation, I do not like how they do try and set up fly fishing only on All Tackle Waters.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I didn't read anything about setting up a fly fishing only section on that water, nor anything about a TU invasion, just the beginning of a needed restoration project that TU was asked to get involved with.

I wonder why I didn't read anything about any of you catch, kill and destroy guys volunteering your time on this restoration project.

·
20,126 Posts
"I wonder why I didn't read anything about any of you catch, kill and destroy guys volunteering your time on this restoration project."

That's quite an elitest and presumptuous statement you make there. I dont support any sort of fly only or anything only sections that excludes other anglers and I'm willing to bet that I have caught more trout and killed fewer in one year then you do in 10 years on your fly only waters. Oh ya, I've also worked on plenty of improvement project in all corners of the state plus played an integral part in getting "All Tackle Trophy Trout" to become a bigger part in the states landscape. You didn't read about any of that because I'm not a member of TU as I dont support the values of most of their memebers who would rather bicker and moan about bait and lure fishermen and then do something good. Thankfully the org as a whole had a better agenda then most of it's membership does.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
"... I'm not a member of TU as I dont support the values of most of their memebers...
I'm sure you don't.

"Trout Unlimited works for the convservation, protection and the restoration of coldwater fisheries and their watersheds, ensuring that future generations and anglers fish in cleaner waters..."

·
20,126 Posts
......who would rather bicker and moan about bait and lure fishermen and then do something good. Thankfully the org as a whole had a better agenda then most of it's membership does.
Figured I would counter by including the rest of my sentence that you so conveniently took out of context so it was clear what I acutally said...which was that I'm glad TU as an orginization has a better motive them most of it's elitest members which want nothing more then to improve a stream......and then follow it up by making it an area that only suites there personal agenda like FFO. Even on this board, 8-9 years ago I fought with all I was worth to NOT have a flyfishing section but lost out to the die hard fly guys in the end that just have to have their own areas to fish, converse, whatever. I never saw the reason why we couldn't just keep it all on the 'Trout forum'. To this day I dont care for it.

·
20,126 Posts
And before I get labeled at a fly basher I fly fish every year and enjoy it very much. I just strongly disagree that I need a private place to do and that I am better then the guy drifting a salman egg next to me........while I drift a fake salomn egg next to him haha.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
MT_flyfisher said:
I didn't read anything about setting up a fly fishing only section on that water, nor anything about a TU invasion, just the beginning of a needed restoration project that TU was asked to get involved with.

I wonder why I didn't read anything about any of you catch, kill and destroy guys volunteering your time on this restoration project.
Responses like this are why trout unlimited will never see a dime of my money.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well this certainly turned the direction I knew it would.. Gotta love good ol' HPA!!!! The only place where one can post a simple article on an upcoming stream restoration project and it turns into a [censored] contest between "elitest vs truckers, TU vs non-TU, fly vs bait, C&R vs kill...etc"... yup Good ol' HPA

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
And before I get labeled at a fly basher I fly fish every year and enjoy it very much. I just strongly disagree that I need a private place to do and that I am better then the guy drifting a salman egg next to me........while I drift a fake salomn egg next to him haha.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Any stream that can be fixed up to keep it the way it is is the way to go. Does not matter if salomn egg or fake salomn egg. Both can fish side by side. And yes I'll be glad to help and I'm not even a member and have not fly fished for years.

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Looks like something good is being done. I didn't see any mention of making it a fly fishing only section of stream, I don't believe there is a lot of that being done anymore anyway. Why even take this thread in that direction?

If some of you want all access for everyone on public waters then you also shouldn't support pay to play fisheries either.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This stream will not be put in for ffo... only thing will be to not to extend the stocking area any further upstream from where it already it is. This stretch and all waters upstream will remain wild native brook trout waters...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts