The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a bit early, but I figured I'd get the post going for trout season. What's everyones plans? I'm hopin for a weekend as good as last year. The TR crew, good food, drink and good times. My sons will be joining us this year so we might even wet a couple lines!

·
Registered
404 Posts
The second week of May at camp is always reserved for just me and my dad. I hunt turkey in the morning while he lounges around camp. Then we hit the East Fork on foot, or Lyman Lake on the boat for trout. Been a tradition since I bought the place. It's a great time to be there. The streams and the woods are quiet again after the onslaught of the opening days.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Wow - I thought my son-in-law and I were the only ones thinking about trout season already... Feels good to know we're not alone. I still have some late season hunting to do, so I'm trying to ignore the springtime thoughts that keep jumping into my head now...

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I just bought a fishing license for the first time since 2009 so I am looking forward to some trout fishing time at the cabin.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna do sum deer hunting in 2B next weekend. Has anyone seen Buckeye Jones or Two Ball Cane on here lately?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
1st Week of May we will all be in camp for the week
may even have to cut the grass at camp ???
Can't wait

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Big weekend the north opener, usually got 15-20 there. Than a few more times during April may, be 7-10 guys maybe more.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
We'll be up at camp April 27th - May 4th in part for leekfest in Westline but mostly for trout fishing and general relaxing.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
pigstyconrad said:
The second week of May at camp is always reserved for just me and my dad. I hunt turkey in the morning while he lounges around camp. Then we hit the East Fork on foot, or Lyman Lake on the boat for trout. Been a tradition since I bought the place. It's a great time to be there. The streams and the woods are quiet again after the onslaught of the opening days.

Our crew will be up that same week turkey hunting and trout fishing. We are over the mountain on the first fork but we do venture over to the east fork, fished the east fork many times growing up. We also hit Lyman's and sinnenamohing. Love it that time of year, crowds are gone but still plenty of fish and usually the weather is decent.

·
Registered
838 Posts
We will be up to Clinton for the trout opener.

My brother two of his three sons and I. The younger guys are more in to the fishing than I, but I'll tag along opening morning and perhaps again late in the day if we don't have rain. I am way past fishing in the rain.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Will either be up in Sinnemahoning or Cook Forest. Hoping Sinnemahoning, because the camp has been for sale for awhile now so may be the last trout season.

·
Banned
3,541 Posts
This will be there first trout season I have missed since I was born. I will no longer fish on the opening weekend, as the actions of other people have made it almost undesirable to the creek that runs past my own home, in my own backyard.

I'll wait till everyone goes home and fish Sunday and Monday Morning.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's why we don't fish first day. It's nice to watch all the one day fisherman make fools of themselves and fight and argue over fishing holes. What's really nice is having so many days the rest of the year to fish with my sons with hardly anyone around.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I flyfish year round for trout so I really have no opening day. The traditional first day is reserved for my son to fish. I spend most of that day watching him and of course the once a year anglers. It's really fun to watch.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts