The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I've only ever trout fished in the spring. can you fish for trout now? fish and boat site is a little hard to navigate. is there a late season through February?

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Winter time is my favorite time to fish. They can be lethargic but if you know where a feeding lie will be you can be in business. This is the most relaxing time to me. It is very quiet. NO birds singing, no bugs bothering you. ALL you hear is the stream and wind. And of course your screaming drag as you hook a big one.

Get out there and give it a whirl. Dress warm, and keep an eye on your gear. Reels can freeze if dropped in, ice will form around the eyes of your rod. Pack extra clothes in your car as well and don't fish too far away from it. YOu want to be safe while on the stream.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Extended season is through 2/28. I don't keep anyone so i can't help witj the creel limit. There are always special reg areas too

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I believe it is 3 after labor day but dont quote me. They may be a little skinny this time of year depending on the area you are fishing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts