The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Real worms all the way.Just seems to get them when they won't bite. For the truth spent about everyday last week tried powerbait under a bridge didn't catch anything and today used worms nightcrawlers caught 4.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Power Bait - Corn yellow or glitter yellow garlic

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I like cut bait I fish it with a 5 ounce sinker and 6/0 circlee hook

·
Registered
706 Posts
Depends on conditions and body of water.
I prefer waxworms on clear small streams.
I like worms in murky conditions.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Im with you 3D, nothing like a bent rod and singing drag. Bait is for reds, blues, and blacktips. For trout I see no need for anything but jigs spoons and spinners.

V

·
Registered
570 Posts
Lime green, or yellow power bait. Seems like when they aren't hitting on anything else, they will still be hitting on this.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Oh stocked trout... Simply Wax Worms, Cant believe no one said that, cant believe it. They are guaranteed to out fish anything, live or artificial bait. We order them by the thousands. The Key is 5 or 6 waxies at a time on a single size 14hook its an absolute slaughter. I feel guilty.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
if I am using bait it will be a red fin or cheese/shrimp egg with a waxwom on the hook.

fly fishing would be the beadhead pheasant tail nymph.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Blackheads or red worms

·
Registered
379 Posts
grousedog20's home-made spinners. I haven't fished with live bait for years. I enjoy the challenge to trying to find the right pattern, speed, depth, etc. too much!

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
1.5" to 2" shallow running minnow baits like the Yozuri minnows. Retrieve them by snapping the rod tip as you crank them in. Absolutely deadly on trout and I find they outfish anything else I ever use.

BTW, thanks to the cheese and corn guys for posting. It brings back fond memories of fishing with my Pap. He strictly fished minnows for trout. When he saw guys using cheese and corn he would give them a good natured ribbing by asking them why they were using their lunch for bait.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts