The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recomendation for a Trout and Salmon Charter on Lake Ontario with a reasonable price. Looking to go in August or early September with three other guys.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
went out with suriki charters with captain al,maybe ten years ago ,good priced back then,good time.you would have to google it for info,who knows if he's even around yet.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Nice one Mutt!!

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
I should have captioned the photo, Peppy. I am the old guy holding the fish. Pauly is the other guy playing with the fishing tackle. The fish is the dead one.

Paul made a fibreglass mount of the fish for me. It hangs in my trophy room, and is a really beautiful mount. Thanks for a great charter or three, Pauly.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I used Salmo charters out of Point Breeze a few years back. We caught alot of fish but i thought the guide wasn't real personable. He wasn't a jerk or anything - just didn't say or explain a whole lot

·
Registered
202 Posts
alpine4d said:
I used Salmo charters out of Point Breeze a few years back. We caught alot of fish but i thought the guide wasn't real personable. He wasn't a jerk or anything - just didn't say or explain a whole lot
I fished with him once.Same experience.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I used Hat Trick Charters out of Oswego a few years ago. Price was good and they are a proven charter, they WILL put you on the fish. My only complaint was that anything over 20inches is a keeper to them and they do not allow catch & release of them, the second they hit the deck, they are clubbed over the head and put in the storage well. That said, we were on fish quick and often, most lost fish were our fault, not theirs.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
i have a license, and could probably get a boat to use from a few friends. i am very familiar with this game. no charge just maybe a "donation" or something. sold my boat when gas approached 5 bucks at the dock. drop me a line maybe i can help save ya some money and still give you a good trip between fellow hpa members

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Forum rules:
As stated in the description this forum is for discussion purposes only. Anything deemed to be advertising by the moderator will be removed. However it is acceptable in your discussion to post links in reference to a particular outfitter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Reel Excitement Charters out of Point Breeze. My two son's and I made the trip this Spring for big brown's was not disappointed with the fishing or the hospitality of Capt.Bob.
Capt.Bob also offers overnight accommodations.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
I recommend AfterMath Charters. Best price and a daily fisher so you'll be on the fish. Captain Charles Bell 1-716-648-4174. Pretty sure he's a member of this website.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have always had good luck with Captain Lew Charters. We fished out of Olcott, NY. His number is 716-622-0612. Let him know that Bill Gavrish gave you the number.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'll be fishing with Captain Dave Wilson on Monday. I'll let you know how the trip went. Here is his website .

Craig

1 - 20 of 26 Posts