The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured i would share today's trap prep story.
So today my daughter and I sifted some dirt when we were done she looked like a walking dust ball. Needless to say the boss wasn't thrilled when she asked if I was done I told her no I had to dry the dirt. When she asked how I did that I told her I bought a special bag so I could do it in the dryer. Well I didn't finish the sentence before she was ready to fight to the death. I told her I was only joking and that I need some of her baking sheets so I could do it in the oven with the same response. Luckily she has a decent sense of humor. She still wasn't thrilled about the condition my daughter returned in but my little girl was happy so I took the heat for that. I'm sure everyone has some stories like that I figured Id share mine. I wonder what she'll do when a skunk gets me haha

·
Registered
653 Posts
That's funny. I can hear my wife flipping if I pulled that one.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Daughter was 7. She helped me mud our waterfowl layout blinds. We were in the driveway when my wife showed up. The wife's eyes got really big and just walked in the house. Daughter and I eventually walked in to the garage and heard my wife talking to grandma. "Remember when grandpap let me play in the mud with my good clothes on? Mine just did the same thing."

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Have a good time with the kids!! They wash up. They grow up and often have to move away. I miss mine.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The wife will get over it, your daughter won't. She will remember that experience for the rest of her life. when she remembers she will think what a fun dad.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
wildcat18 said:
The wife will get over it, your daughter won't. She will remember that experience for the rest of her life. when she remembers she will think what a fun dad.
Excellent advice wildcat ! I try to live by it on every adventure with my daughter . It's gratifying to hear your child tell others about the cool things she does with dad in her own words .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts