The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
I stopped at Trop on the way Home from the Harrisburg show and picked up a box of 525 for $30.00. My buddy and I each got a brick.

·
Registered
968 Posts
ruttn & struttn said:
I just saw on their website they have 22lr 525 rd value boxes "on sale" for $95 per box!!! Talk about price gouging!
Yeah but that price is the sale price, you are saving $5.
They do have the new indoor range to pay for. Been buying my 22 ammo at grice in Clearfield when I go up to camp $23.99 a brick.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thats gotta be a missprint. The rest of there rim fire ammo is about right on price. I dont know whats up with them. I used to think they where an ok place

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
archerymaniac72 said:
ruttn & struttn said:
I just saw on their website they have 22lr 525 rd value boxes "on sale" for $95 per box!!! Talk about price gouging!
Yeah but that price is the sale price, you are saving $5.
They do have the new indoor range to pay for. Been buying my 22 ammo at grice in Clearfield when I go up to camp $23.99 a brick.
Last time I was at grice they had a sign that you were allowed 3 normal sized boxes per week per family. not sure if it changed.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
stoolshooter said:
The new owners (two ladies) have delusions of grandeur. That's why I buy most components and ammo at Shyda's.
You got that right. Their Internet firearms prices are purely dream world stuff.....they ain't gonna make it....

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
winchesterbob....they ain't gonna make it.... [/quote said:
Oh, I think they'll make it Young'n. Every time I go past the place the parking lot if full. One day people were parking in Hoss's lot and walking to the place.

I was in once. I looked around a bit, bought all six boxes of the Federal 22 match they on the shelf and haven't been back since.

It sure isn't the Trop of old when Marlin and Ed had it.

Grump.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I haven't been in the new store, but a friend told me it appears they have abandoned the hunting crowd the the black gun crowd. I have nothing against black guns, but it would have been nice if they would have left the dance with the ones who brought them.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
archerymaniac72 said:
Haven't been there since the got rid of Moe
I used to walk in and say "I need a little help, where's Moe"?

BTW, if you don't know already Moe is at Kinseys now.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Moe is over at Kinseys. Great guy. The Trop cannot help but be successful. Their location is great. They suffered through lousy customer service in the 90's. I swore many times I would never go back but they are convenient and they almost always have what I need. The Clinton administration in those days and the current group of idiots were and are great for sales! Running a firearm based business these days without appealing to the young non hunting crowd would be foolish. The gen x kids behind the counter seem a little, ahhh uninformed shall we say... but they need to start somewhere. No new Remington firearms though, and I do not understand that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts