The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purcahsed my first boat a 16ft crestliner jonboat. I have a MK 55#thrust endura C2 transom mount troller for it and a 55 #thrust all terrain bow mount troller also. I am looking for 2 new batteries, one for each motor, to supply the power any suggestions on battery size and type would be a great help. Also i will use this boat mainly on an electric only dam so the transom mount will be main motor to get me two my fishing spots.

Any help would be appreciated

Shorty

·
Registered
9,709 Posts
any good deep cycle battery with a high cranking current would be fine. Just don't hook them together in paralell. Keep each one wired separate for each motor in case one dies the other will still get ya home.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
You dont need to worry about crankn amps on a trolling motor. I say if you can fit a 27 or 29 deep cycle then go that big. I have two of them in my boat. One for the motor, one for the bow motor.

Both mine are walmart batteries with an onboard minkota charger, no issues.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'm running 2 of the walmart batteries as well, group 29.. Definitely go the biggest battery you can afford/fit in your boat (group 27, 29, etc). It will help eliminate the chance of being stuck out there.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Biggest battery for each you can afford and like stated before wire them seperate. Also the manuals for the trolling motor also state they should have a fuse inline to keep from frying the motor should it ever become snagged up in weeds or fishing line. Failure to use the fuse will viod wattery should that problem happen. and also get youself a good charge meter and learn the usage of the motors and batteries. Deep cycles are made to be drained completley before recharge. Using 20% of a battery and recharging repeatedly will drasticly reduce charges, its not worth spending a small fortune on batteries to only get 1 season out of them.

·
Registered
11,633 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts