The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with either one of these guns? I am considering both and which gun is better? I'm leaning toward the Tristar G2 viper in walnut with the silver

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
A couple months ago I bought the TriStar youth 20 ga. My son really likes it. We have only shot ~200 rounds through it but it has cycled very well with no issues so far. I like the gun because it is light and it can shoot 2 3/4 or 3" mag. He killed his first game with it on May 1 - a gobbler so he is off to a good start. I have no experience with Stoeger.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I looked at a used Stoeger a few weeks ago that was very loose at the hinge pin. It wobbled really bad when you opened the action. (it was an over-under) It left a bad impression on me.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arrowhead said:
I looked at a used Stoeger a few weeks ago that was very loose at the hinge pin. It wobbled really bad when you opened the action. (it was an over-under) It left a bad impression on me.
How about the autoloaders any experience good or bad with those?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have the Stoeger 2000 semi that I use for goose and turkey. Haven't had any problems with it so far. I have only had it two years though and not a lot of rounds though it (maybe 300 to 400).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts