The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,683 Posts
I never handled a TriStar but it looks an awful lot like a Franchi Affinity.

Dove season??

Reactions: Loggy

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never handled a TriStar but it looks an awful lot like a Franchi Affinity.

Dove season??
It has a nice feel. Takes Beretta/Benelli Mobil chokes. I never handled a Beretta or Franchi, but I've read a few places that it is very similar to an A 300. Not sure how true that is. Definitely not the quality of a Beretta, but for $297, it seems pretty decent.

I'm sure it will see a dove field or two.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have three TriStars, 28ga-16ga and 12ga all are O/U. All very inexpensive and came with five chokes in a plastic carry case. I usually start my dove season with the 28 and then move to the 16 by the end of the season it's the 12. Quail I use the 28 or 16, rabbits get the 12ga I love these shotguns and they allow me to keep my high priced trap and skeet out of the bush.

My 16ga.

Reactions: octagon

·
Registered
10,683 Posts
I'm sure it will see a dove field or two.
I seldom take anything other than the 20 for doves anymore. I shoot trap, skeet, 5 stand ad SC and have never felt handicapped when using the twenty.

·
Registered
18,422 Posts
I was just about to post the very same thing! Was looking at a youth model for my daughter for turkey
Just sold my daughter's Mossberg 510 Mini Turkey Thug. Was considering picking up a Tristar Raptor Youth 20ga. Not very familiar with them but have been doing some reading. I'm on a budget and the Raptor is in my price range. Not interested in a Weatherby, Franchi, etc. Although I have been looking at the Mossberg SA20. I've heard the Raptor has a dovetail mount on the receiver which may provide an opportunity to mount and optic. My daughters 510 had a Burris FF3 on top. I was told Sun Optics makes a mount that fits the Raptor. I know the Mossberg SA20 isn't drilled/tapped. Just looking for some insight in a new turkey gun for her.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I bought my girls Franchi affinity compact. Put a sumtoy .562! It is a killer! Poa and poi are perfect. Put a long bead fiber optic. It comes with spacers for the stock to add as they grow. I’ve killed the last 6-7 with it.
It shoots every shell well feds and apex with tss. It is 50 yard turkey killer all day. Find the right place and get out the door for less then 800$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts