The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Triple Crown all in one day?

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  peep site 
#1 ·
Just checked over the adopted seasons and bag limits. The last day of archer deer is the first day of archery bear. Some areas of the state will have turkey season in as well. So there is a possibility to get the triple crown all in one day. Who is up for the challenge

#2 ·
I will be taking off that day but I will not be in an area where turkey will be in season. I guess after I shot my 140" buck then drag my 500lb bear out i might have enough time to go north to wack a turkey. LOL

#5 ·
I got a buck and a bear, just 3 weeks apart on the edge of the exact same grapevine tangle last year, but both were there (or close) the day i got the buck, I am pretty sure...this year I hope it is like that again so a Vet does it on the this new special day.

Would be a an absolute highlight for my whole family to be a part of a day like that, but I think we got a highlight in the making no matter what.

Truthfully , that kind of luck is proving too rich for my blood to do more than once...LOL

Turkeys won't be in then I don;t think, but most likely see some, or their sign.

I fear these frosts of late are going to snuff out a key ingredient of last year's hot spot makings though....lots of wild northern spy apples laying around but the trees don;t look too good after the cold spell , hopefully my neighbor does wildlife corn again casue that was another key for the bears.

And it won't even cost me a vacation day!!! Cause I got that day off.

#7 ·
bowmike said:
I will be taking off that day but I will not be in an area where turkey will be in season. I guess after I shot my 140" buck then drag my 500lb bear out i might have enough time to go north to wack a turkey. LOL

A 10-pound hen, 6-point, and 90-pounder in one day would be awesome enough.

I'm thinkin' multi-tasking is a better choice, let the bear grab the turkey around the neck and shoot them both through the jugular with one shot.

#9 ·
I had the pleasure back in 1972 to hunt with my friend for bear that he killed.only 3 days back then! I think? long time ago. Then he killed a buck during rifle,nothing to talk about but a buck! We were on a roll for the Triple Crown need to get that Turkey! Well all i can say is we tried. Back then it was hard to achieve such award and if you did the State of Pa.gave you a Triple Crown written certificate for your success! Im not sure if they still do it? Not to take away anybody thunder that has a chance to carry out such a accomplishment,Alot easier today then in 1972. Go get that turkey John! You are so close to every hunters dreams to have that hard earn" Bragging Rights."

#10 ·
It was called the tripple trophy award, not crown. It was done away with because of the number of people who violated in order to get the three species in one license year.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.