The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triple 7 FFF powder it is supose to be less fouling etc etc. It basically [censored]. I recommend it only to people I don't like.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The pellets seem to work ok out of my inline. I shoot (2) pellets behind a 250 Shockwave from my T/C Omega X7 without issue. I was shooting woodchucks fairly consistently at 180 or so yards over the summer. Fairly expensive to use for woodchucks, but a lot of fun nonetheless. Anyhow, life's too short to put a price on fun. I never tried the loose powder.

·
Banned
900 Posts
I shoot the 2f loose in the flinter and inline and love it but......I swab out: 1 wet, 1 dry, 1 lube between every shot. It does build some crud ring in my inline though.

·
Banned
900 Posts
With the Wal Mart clearances I have paid as little as $9 a lb to $17 a lb. I thought that was pretty good. As far as corrosive, I'm sure there is some science out there but for me it actually seemed better but I do not leave my gun sit dirty more than a day or 2. Even then I swab out and wife off exterior surfaces with TC 13 and then lube until it can be given a good thorough cleaning.

It all in what ya like and how you do it.

I would say the biggest advantage is the cleaning. No smell, no oily black gunk, no hot water. no dishwashing soap etc. Just a stack of wet and dry patches in the living room warm and toasty watchin the game!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts