The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I want to know what hunting trip you have taken your wife on? I'd like to take mine hunting out of state next year. I'd like it to be a big game hunt that we could do for $2000 for whole trip. Just looking for ideas. It would also be only a week long trip at most so the closer it is the more time to hunt we'd have.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Nice jester but for 2K for 2 people you're probably looking at a public land hunt in a neighboring state. Non resident license for 2 in some states will eat up 1000 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
You'd have to go to a neighboring state and hunt unguided in public ground. But after buying NR licenses, paying for gas, motels, meals etc you'de be cutting it close. If you have an RV or camp it would cut lodging expenses. You could also prepare your meals at home, freeze them, and take them with you. I know there are folks who travel West and hunt public ground self guided cheap, but 1000 a head would be really tight.

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
jkhunter said:
You could probably do an all inclusive Hog hunt in that price range.
That's about the only option I can see for a guided hunt that fits their criteria, and it would most likely be a preserve hunt at that.

1K per and a limit of one week is really tough other than a DIY public land hunt in a neighboring state.

My advice: save up for a few years and go on a nice guided hunt somewhere.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Taken my girlfriend a few places. I like the odd things and within your criteria javelina hunts are a LOT of fun. I think the texas license was like $35.

Never hunted with these folks but have talked to them and it seemed like a good hunt.
http://www.bboutfitters.com/JAVELINA.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is a tough budget to handle. In my experience, $2k is pushing it for one person and that's a diy hunt. I'd suggest adding another $1K and consider a western antelope hunt on public land. Otherwise, you're looking at a hog hunt near by. good luck

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
The last 2 years, my girlfriend and I have gone out to Montana elk hunting, with both of us in my truck its was right around 3,250 the first year, and 2,850 the second year. This year we are doing Wyoming, should be around 2,000 due to the decrease in gas and the cost of a wyoming elk license.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
As others have mentioned, a hog hunt in the south would come in under $1,000 each. You ahould be able to get an out-of-state turkey hunt for under $1,000, but I know you mentioned big game.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts