The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like i have decided on the first upgrade needed , a better trigger , anyone have suggestions on a replacement single stage trigger that wont break the bank , also is this something i can do or do i need a gunsmith.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
You can do it yourself. If you are going to be doing a lot of bench shooting a 2 stage trigger may be a better option. Sometimes a light single stage with a short reset will double tap.

I like Geissele triggers. I have a SSA, SSAE and a (S3G just came yesterday). I think the best all around is the SSA Combat trigger (if I could only have one). A lot of good triggers out there and a good place to research is AR15.com.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Very easy to replace. ALG makes a decent replacement that's a Geissele copy. Also POF has a nice self contained fcg for under $150 and it comes with kns anti roll pins. Rock river has a nice 2 stage for about $100. I went with a timney 3lb and got it on sale for 180

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
mattg1500 said:
Very easy to replace. ALG makes a decent replacement that's a Geissele copy. Also POF has a nice self contained fcg for under $150 and it comes with kns anti roll pins. Rock river has a nice 2 stage for about $100. I went with a timney 3lb and got it on sale for 180
I would not call the ALG a copy of a Geissele. ALG makes a good trigger but they are nothing more than cleaned up and coated mil spec triggers. You still have all the take up and weight of a mil spec. Not bashing ALG, but it's apples to oranges. Also, Don't know if Bill would like you comparing his trigger to his wife's. lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a CMC curved drop-in that has a trigger pull around 4.5 pounds. I like it a lot. It runs for around $160, less if you catch it on sale. I was thinking of splurging before the end of year on one of those binary triggers for one my ARs. Anybody ever try one of those?

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
hackmeister said:
I have a CMC curved drop-in that has a trigger pull around 4.5 pounds. I like it a lot. It runs for around $160, less if you catch it on sale. I was thinking of splurging before the end of year on one of those binary triggers for one my ARs. Anybody ever try one of those?
I would stay away from that type and also the Tac-Con.

S3G in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvr0rSaFgZE

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I take it you probably have a milspec trigger right now. Look up some info on polishing an ar15 trigger. I did it to my milspec PSA trgger and it really helped. Its not a 2lb $200 trigger but its far better than what it was.

All you need is some fine grit sandpaper and a dremel to polish it. You're not removing material persay, just taking out the marks left from machining.

·
Registered
617 Posts
RobOz said:
mattg1500 said:
I would not call the ALG a copy of a Geissele. ALG makes a good trigger but they are nothing more than cleaned up and coated mil spec triggers. You still have all the take up and weight of a mil spec. Not bashing ALG, but it's apples to oranges. Also, Don't know if Bill would like you comparing his trigger to his wife's. lol
I say "copy" since ALG is a sister company of Geissele and Im sure its more of a "rougher" version but still better than most triggers in that price range. I would give them a shot, they say 4.5-5lb pull with the purple spring. And a woman owned company dealing with firearms is

·
Registered
723 Posts
Honestly, OP...spend $11 on the JP springs and it will make a world of difference to your mil spec trigger.

I've owned a few aftermarket triggers and it's tough to swallow $250 on a Geissele triggers. Larue has the MBT for $125 if you can wait to have the trigger built.

My friend works for Geissele, so he gets some nice discounts. I'll pick one up to do a comparison, but it's hard to beat $11 on the JP springs. You will be in the 4-4.5 lb range with the JP springs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.