The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father in law, Carl Eugene Heisey passed away this morning at the age of 69. He was a lifelong hunter and loved most of all his precious Hillsgrove, Sullivan county. That's where he had a camp for many years and loved going there any time of year. He was always a little extra excited as the big game seasons rolled around and actively put on drives with the crew until he was no longer able physically. And even as his health got to the point where he could no longer hunt he still loved to go and be a part of the camaraderie. I'll miss among other things him always extolling to me the virtues of the .243 winchester and the 7mm Rem. mag(his favorite cartridges). In his life he got to hunt Quebec,Newfoundland, and Colorado but he was happiest on Dutters mountain in Sullivan county. He loved his Phillies and his Eagles and I'm glad the Phils won one for him this past year. He will be deeply missed.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
My deepest condolences to you and your family.

·
Registered
652 Posts
very sorry to hear that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Its always a sad day to see an old timer go from the hills of pa, but his memories will surely live on in seasons to come

·
Super Moderator
28,527 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

·
Registered
20,110 Posts
Sorry about the loss of your father in law.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
small consolation but here is a poem i like to think about when one of the oldtimers passes on to his reward. The last line will be on my gravestone some day, hopefully not anytime soon.

REQUIEM

by: Robert Louis Stevenson

Under the wide and starry sky,
Dig the grave and let me lie.
Glad did I live and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will.
This be the verse you grave for me:
Here he lies where he longed to be;
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Condolences to you and your family, our prayers go out to you.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Very sorry for your loss .I have hunted out of Hillsgrove for forty years and will think of him the seasons ahead . May he be in peace ....Finn

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Sorry for your loss, you're lucky that you had a good father
in law, my condolences to you and your wife and her family.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again to all. It's a blessing to know people care. I have to admit I'm having a tough time with this one. I don't know what it will be like the next time I head to camp, it just won't be the same with him gone. As hard as it's been on me, it's been much,much harder on my wife and kids.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts