The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I have one. I bought it last year to turn into a dedicated turkey gun thinking the two barrels could be choked for close and far shots and cover all the bases. In fact my buddy and I each got one for the same reason.
We took them out to pattern some loads, starting with trap loads to see how well the barrels were regulated. My gun shot to point of aim and was centered left and right, my buddies one barrel was close to point of aim and the other 8-10 inches off at 25yds. Triggers are crude. Actions are tight but almost TOO tight. Sometimes they do not want to close and must be reopened and shut again. The safeties are even more crude than the trigger. After firing some trap loads I switched to 2-3/4" 1-1/4oz loads and stopped there. I load my own 3.5" loads and have no desire to ever touch one off in that gun. I have since scrapped the turkey gun project and have used it for doves and small game where it has been of good service. But with lots of use in the dove field the camo is wearing off of the forearm around the checkering. It was supposed to come with swivel studs and did not. No auto ejectors but the gun has been reliable.....so far.
For $375 ya get what ya pay for. Depending on what your main use for it will be you might be better off spending a few hundred more and go with a used Browning or Ruger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts