The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new climber.the reviews I can find all seem good ,does anyone have or use one?I like it says you can go up a tree as small as six inches,which is good,not a lot of big trees where I'm at.

·
Registered
540 Posts
fishkrane said:
I'm in the market for a new climber.the reviews I can find all seem good ,does anyone have or use one?I like it says you can go up a tree as small as six inches,which is good,not a lot of big trees where I'm at.
Santa got me one. I unpacked it and put it on a tree today (just 3 feet up). The instructions that come with the tree say 8" (even though the website says 6").

First impressions are: roomy, grips the tree like crazy, alot bigger than my lone wolf (in both comfort on the stand AND packed dimensions), packs 1000 times easier than the lone wolf (top and bottom are press fitted together (no bungee cords needed)), not as quiet going up the tree as the LW, but solid and quiet at height (at least the 3 feet I was at).

I will follow up after PA flintlock/NJ muzzleloader to share my experiences.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wondered if anybody used this stand ,they look awsome do they sell them in pro shops or just from the company.what model did you buy?I sold my LW

·
Registered
540 Posts
slammer said:
I wondered if anybody used this stand ,they look awsome do they sell them in pro shops or just from the company.what model did you buy?I sold my LW
I ordered it right from the website, http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/

I bought the ProMag LT.

This looks to be the stand that replaces my Lone Wolf, at least for later season sits.

I cannot believe how light it is based on it being so big and roomy.

I wanted something roomy that I did not need to break down (like the lone wolf) when packing up. Looking at the API, the Summit, and the Treewalker. The treewalker ProMag LT comes in very close to the summit goliath (I'm too big for the regular viper) in terms of price. The treewalker fits larger tree diameters than the summit, lone wolf or API.

I have yet to find any bad reviews of the stand.

Right now, I plan on keeping my lone wolf for early season archery when I do not need to pack in cold weather clothing and I am going into relatively thick stuff. The treewalker all other times I use a climber. We'll see how that goes after the PA/NJ late seasons are over. First sit in the treewalker will be Saturday or Monday.

·
Super Moderator
12,878 Posts
The right tree never seems to be where it is needed for a good tree stand location. It is hard to find 6/8" trees without limbs allowing the use of a climber.

Also smaller trees tend to move a lot with the shifting of weight by a hunter to prepare for the shot and/or a little bit of wind....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Had 2 hunts out of the treewalker so far and am VERY IMPRESSED! First hunt was out of a tree where I guess the diameter was 2 feet (approx 24"). I would have never been able to do that in another climber. Second hunt was out of a small diameter tree.

Stand is solid, grips better than anything else I have tried, packs easily (not smally, but easily). Pretty comfortable with the chill pad. Easy to get into and out of the heater body suit while up in the tree. Visible "damage" to the tree due to the gripping mechanism was not an issue that I thought it would be.

I should have bought this stand much sooner.

I'll give a more thorough review after late season, but it gets a thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to check one out ar the Harrisburg sportsman show,they will be out there I was told.as long as I can go up a tree smaller than my viper,I will buy one.

·
Registered
540 Posts
3D Hunter said:
is it as quiet as the lonewolf's?
The cable that wraps around the tree is encased in plastic, and that is not as quiet as the lone wolf belt if it scrapes against the tree (while climbing). If I take my time with it and do not scrape the tree bark, it is fine. Just something i did not have to be concerned with climbing on the lone wolf. I do plan on putting some type of moleskin / felt over the plastic to quiet it down.

Once it is set up, it is quiet. No clangs, creaks or pops in the cold weather. I was out for 3 four hour sits in the last 4 days and no issues.

·
Registered
540 Posts
fishkrane said:
I'm going to check one out ar the Harrisburg sportsman show,they will be out there I was told.as long as I can go up a tree smaller than my viper,I will buy one.
I think the viper is 9" - 20" diameter. treewalker site says 6 - 26", but the instructions I got said 8" - 26". Not sure if the 1" will make a difference to you.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I liked the tree walker but bought the timbertall. They had a real good show special at Harrisburg a few yrs ago. It's my go to portable stand. Comfy, LIGHT, safe.

·
Registered
540 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:
I liked the tree walker but bought the timbertall. They had a real good show special at Harrisburg a few yrs ago. It's my go to portable stand. Comfy, LIGHT, safe.
Were your top criteria comfy, LIGHT and safe? What order? I looked at timbertall and the only one rated for me is the Super Brute @ 17 lbs for $411. The treewalker is 17 lbs for $290 with a longer platform and the ability to go around trees with 2 more inches of diameter.

Not trying to argue, becuase the timbertall and treewalker were in the top picks for me. What won me over to the treewalker was all the positive reviews, how well it grips the tree, how well it packs, along with its TMA Certification. Additionally, after much google-fu, I could not find any reports of issues with the treewalker and a fair amount with the timbertall treestand.

I hope you are as happy with your stand as I am with mine.

Regards.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Weight was my biggest concern. No issues with mine after 3yrs of use. Very happy with it.

Maybe your bigger then me. I'm 193lbs, 6'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts