The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of adding an umbrella this year to my ground tree seat set up. I don't think I would use it in my treestand, but may. Which brand do you guys use and what do or don't you like about them? Are they flimsy and noisy? Hard to set up? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I screwed mine into maybe a ten inch long 2by4, then strap in to the tree, that way if on gamelands your not screwing it into a tree, and it's faster for me that way.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've used them before when they were like 10 bucks at a local hunting store.
Liked it so much , bought a bunch of them for gifts.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yeah, good tool. I use the ones from dicks sporting goods. Pretty simple to set up. Pretty simple to take down unless the nut that holds the screw head into the round plastic piece is loose. I have a few of those screw pieces in a few trees.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I use one mainly in spring turkey season works great ,,screws into the tree plus it straps around the tree ,,bought mine on ebay about 25 bucks ,get one as big as possible if u buy one

·
Registered
982 Posts
Dave2pa said:
I use one mainly in spring turkey season works great ,,screws into the tree plus it straps around the tree ,,bought mine on ebay about 25 bucks ,get one as big as possible if u buy one
2nd that on getting a BIG ONE if it's to small and it rains the water runs off on to your legs....been there

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I don't remember the name of mine but if it raining,it goes along!Great in the tree stand and ground.Get the Jumbo.Worth the extra length.I have a Tree Lounge and also made a camo skirt for days when the rain blows.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I like to hunt when its raining. I think its really nice in the woods while its raining. I had one that screwed into the tree and it broke. I have been looking around my area stores for a different type but no luck yet. I fixed" it so it will work but I need a new one.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
well worth it, once i bought mine it hasn't rained since while i been hunting

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ditto to that fishkrane...permanently screwed mine into 2x2's so all i had to do was strap the board to the tree and i was done. Less messing around.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the one from Hunter's Specialities that uses a bracket that is strapped to the tree. Then the rod is snapped into the bracket with no damage to the tree. Keeps me completely dry on those not so sunny days

·
Banned
75 Posts
I am thinking of adding an umbrella this year to my ground tree seat set up. I don't think I would use it in my treestand, but may. Which brand do you guys use and what do or don't you like about them? Are they flimsy and noisy? Hard to set up? Thanks.
i got one i like it very much ,yes i never go out in the rain i still use once in a while but a good thing to have you dont like wetness

·
Registered
91 Posts
There was a guy at the Great American Outdoor Show last year who had a booth for a new treestand umbrella. I don't think he was selling them yet, but he had a few demos on display. They were the best treestand umbrella I had ever seen. They were clear, big, and had a great strap on mounting system. I'd like to get one, but I forgot the name. Google can't find any info for me either. I guess he never went into production. Maybe covid related?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have had one for 20 yrs that both screws h and straps to the tree. Bit of a pain to put on properly but after you do it a time of two no big deal. I have hunted in down pours and stayed dry with it and a rain suit. I think mine is by Allen.

·
Banned
75 Posts
yes its wonderful to use out in the woods but my problem is the size of the tree which matters
water drips down on your back . but you have goods and bads of anything you get , well just get a review it helps in buying something off the shelf more less but its on computer you cant touch it or handle it until it comes in the mail . but its a great set up i just have problem with wet back on the rear side of things i hate being to wet outdoors

·
Registered
25,785 Posts
I'll vouch for the "get the biggest one you can find" approach. Have three at camp. First two screwed into the tree and are too small. Last one I got maybe ten years ago, is huge and has a bracket which I insert into two long barbed wire fence staples, at a favorite hemlock ground stand. Now and then I've had to pull the staples out a bit for the bracket to slid into.

Nylon strap that goes around the tree. Takes a few minutes to put up, but has never been effected by the wind so far? Hemlock is huge and I've seldom had an issue with rain running down it, so as to get my back wet?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts