The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out taking the dogs for a walk this evening - Duncan, 5 yr old Kemmer Stock Mt Cur and Boone, 4 month old Plott male. Saw a large male fisher cross the trail and when the cur hit it, he lined out and had it treed in less than a minute. I'd estimate 20-25 lbs.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Thats a big one. Saw tracks of a big one last year. They sure have some claws on them. Was doing some reading on them and what I read is that the biggest one ever taken was 26 pounds. I think we might be in the same boat with our bear size and our fisher size. Tracks I saw were huge. Will try to post up a picture of the tracks.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Here is the photo. Think my cur winded it in a bunch of pines. She was standing there with her nose in the air barking trying to figure it out and I got her out of there because it was thick and I was thinking bear den. Got out of the pine thicket and out to the road and found these tracks. For a scale of size that is the fence around a cutting on state land.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That is a large one!

My shorthair got in a scrap with a young one about six years ago, she gave it a good shaking.....came out unscathed thankfully. Clinton County as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
When treed at night they are very nervious and run around in the tree a lot, sometimes making noises, it is hard to break dogs from treeing them when they are as common as they are here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts