The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one but hate it because it's hard to screw into the tree, no good leverage to screw into the tree. Which doesn't allow it to stand up to even 10mph winds without flapping like crazy. Looking for something sturdy and easy to set up that won't spook deer.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
I have one and been using it for years and they are great.
Like you I do not like screwing into living trees, so what I did was I cut a 12" piece of 2x4 and screwed the bracket into that. When I get to where I want to use it I pull out the bracket and wood, ratchet strap it to the tree, put the umbrella on the base and its ready to go. I have been in very windy conditions and had several inches of snow on top of it without any issues.
When your ready to go just pack it up and away you go.
Only noise is the clicking of the strap when attaching it but not a big deal.

Good Luck

·
Registered
374 Posts
I purchased the Hawk this year for the wife and I. They held up very well during the NY season. Up to 45 MPH winds and snow. A bit pricey at 40.00 but worth every penny if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I use a small travel umbrella I confiscated from my wife years ago. For all the more I have to use it, it works great. it folds up to almost nothing...about 4 in. long. Why do you want to lug another piece of equipment?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts