The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a good ladder stand? I'm looking for one to use year round I'm guessing a 15 feet tall one would be best

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
If you do, make sure you workout, lift weights, and hike with weight on your back.

Notice how fatter the guys are getting, the heavier these tree stands are getting?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm a little slower than you,because I don't get the meaning of your post. Anyone have any good input on what they use.

Thanks,

Bt

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I dont think it matters dude. They're all about the same. Just shop around for a while and buy one that goes on sale. I know gander has a 15' ladder stand on sale right now for like 70 bucks. It doesnt have a rail, its basically just a platform and a seat but it would be perfect for archery season.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
There are lots of resonably priced ladder stands. I was never a fan of rails for archery hunting but wear a belt or harness of some type incase you doze off or lean too far. I like ones with a fairly large platform for your feet so you can turn without your toes hanging into space and a comfortable seat or one with a cushion attached.

·
Registered
588 Posts
MY BUDDY LOVES LADDER STANDS. HIS FAVORITE IS A 17 FOOT HE BOUGHT AT DICK'S FOR ABOUT $100.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I've hunted out of a couple over the years. I do like them, however I would buy one with a somewhat larger foot rest. One of the ones I used had just enough room for your feet, and that was it. Standing was an act of balance. Might as well hang a cheapo hangon with ladder steps. They have more foot room.

On another I hunted from there was a good sized platform. It had room to stand, and I had a place to put my coffee, calls, and other gizzmo's. I would love to have a good place for a stand like that, but I hunt public land. Most of my spots are a little off the beaten path.

What ever path you choose just remember that you will be the one that has to sit in it for hours on end.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I definately want one with a big platform and now thanks to you hunt/fish I'll have to get one with a coffee holder.......lol. Wait a second, please tell me they make one that will hold a beer miester, if so thats the one.............lol.......fridge. Maybe I'll just build a treehouse. Put a bed in it for when I'm done,plus wouldn't have far to walk to my spot in the morning.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
you hang a ladder ONCE, they are not something you move often...remember that!

if you plan to move with the deer or change setups year to year a hangon is a much better choice.

i scout with a climber, hang a hangon when im sure of the travel pattern.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
I got a single person 15ft from gander that was on sale two years ago, it has the armrest, gun rest and full back pad. the ones that dont have the armrest and back pads are very uncomfortable. of course the ones without everything are only half the price but its alot nicer sitting in one that has all the goodys all day.

·
Super Moderator
13,869 Posts
jlh42581 said:
you hang a ladder ONCE, they are not something you move often...remember that!

if you plan to move with the deer or change setups year to year a hangon is a much better choice.

i scout with a climber, hang a hangon when im sure of the travel pattern.
Ditto and they usually require 2 or more people to erect>

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
i love my gander mnt ladders they are not super heavy and there very sturdy. always buy one when there on sale if you have a couple you dont have to worry about moving them to much. two guys and you can pull it down and move it in less than a half hour if you have a fourwheeler its even less. if you get the basic one just get a good seat cusion and put slits in it and get some velcro then you can attach it to your stand when you go and then take it out when you leave and it stays dry. i dont like arm rest and gun rails i like to beable to move freely. just make sure you were a good safty harness always!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts