The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been walking the Game Lands near my house. There are ladder stands on them everywhere. What do I need to do to get them taken down. Or do you guys know who to call. Also correct me if I am wrong but they are not allowed to put them up correct.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Why does this worry you? I'm not looking for a fight, just asking.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not worry me. It is that when I get off work at 3:30 to go bow hunting. people are already in there ladder stands. I think everybody should have the same opportunity, To carry in there climbers and set them up. I think then it gives everybody a fair chance.

·
6,450 Posts
so put up some ladder stands. maybe they are physically unable to use climbers. so maybe ban the use of all stands on gamelands.just sayin

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Call your regional office for the PGC. Tree stands may not be permanent.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
one strap and it can be moved like that, not permanent in my book.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does that mean I can just take them because they must have lost them in that case. Also some of them have locks. And if you dont have the key you cant move them. I will call Chad tommorow are Local Game warden im sure we can get these things taken down!!!!

·
6,450 Posts
you can put them there and it is ok to lock them so jerks cant take them. you can hunt coyotes 365 so they have a right to be there.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like I said I will talk to Chad tommorow. I dont want to start a fight. I just dont think you can have them there legally.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats what im talking about. It just makes me mad when you want to hunt an area that is public and you cant because there is always a tree stand there.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
if its left 2 weeks after the season is over it becomes litter.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I don't know how having a stand already there prevents anyone else from hunting that area????

SGL , 1st come 1st serve , never knew leaning a stand up against a tree secured that area for anyone.
But I wonder if there isn't just a touch more about to it

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ok I can solve the coyote debate. We have had snow for more than 2 weeks on the ground. Was there any footprints around the stands you found? I bet not!

1 - 20 of 356 Posts