The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you use them?

I have a Summit Viper SS. I love it! I won't be using it for awhile because I need new cables but once I get them, I'll be using it!

I don't have a ground blind yet. It's been on my wish list for awhile. I'm hopeful to get one soon though.

I'll be finding cover this Archery Season.
I figure it will be nice not to get in the stand and have nature call. I haven't figured out a good way of peeing out of my stand.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well forget trying to pee out of you stand . I have ladder stands and i always have to get down out of them . I do have a ground blind . But I wont pee in it .

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm scared to climb up in a tree stand. I'm uneasy on my feet and I'm afraid ill fall. So i just hunt in a bush, lol. We have some great spots with lots of cover near us.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sure some kind of funneling system could be concocted to work. Lol I haven't had the need to go in a stand yet. My bladder is like a water buffalo.

@patenpoint I wasn't so comfy up in a stand either, but I got a nice Hunter Safety Lady Pro Vest harness to wear up there. It'll definitely keep you from hitting the ground if set up right.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was scared too but I practiced with mine before I took it out. I went to my dad's house and had him out there talking my through it. lol He said, Take your time and little *bites* out of the tree on the way up and down.

Practice is the best thing when getting use to a climber or stand. Another is always, always, always wearing a safety harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts