1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Tree whenever possible !!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,507 Posts
One can see so much better from a tree stand, over brush, spot game before it comes into range, usually set more comfortably and perhaps it is safer as it relates to being mistaken for a deer.

For all other game other than deer I prefer being on the ground for mobility.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I prefer to be up a tree unless I get perfect snow for tracking in rifle season!

·
6,693 Posts
Both, but if I had to stick to one for the remainder of my hunting career, I would say Tree-Stand

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Both, depends mostly on the area I'm hunting.

·
Super Moderator
29,168 Posts
oilcrk said:
Love the intimacy & challenge of archery on ground..
It's a true challenge at close range & quarters
Same here!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I pretty much retired my Baker BTS a few years back. I looked at my fat, ugly mug in the mirror one day and figured that I am not a Monkey.....I don't climb trees.

From that day forward, I have been working on perfecting my still-hunting, stalking, sneaking, and just moseying around skills.

I'm 6'4", 245lbs. But I grew up in the bush....I am kinda sneaky. I finally learned how to HUNT.

No more trees for me. I'll be on the ground......I hear it's safer too.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Tree stand. I do use a ground blind when I bring the kids with me. I have a buddy ladder stand too if only bringing one of the kids. I was a single Dad for a while and the ground blind was perfect, I could change a diaper, the older one could put on headphones and play his DS and I could feed my hunting addiction all at the same time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts