The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who got seedlings that need protection might want to look at the sale they're having at Tree Pro on old stock tree tubes.

http://www.treepro.com/id86.html

I like these way better than the Blue X because they're not flimsy. I also asked and got an additional discount on the 4 ft tree tubes. Bought at $2 a piece but I did buy 500.

Here's a really good look at survival and growth rates with and without tree tubes.

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/VA/Technical/Hardwood%20Publication%208x11.pdf

·
Registered
387 Posts
If anyone is interested in used tree shelters let me know. My office has thousands of them for sale cheap. 1.00 a piece or less depending on how many you buy. Some of them are junk but there is alot of nice ones too. Pick up only.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I may stop by Peeper.

Any idea on the tree varities for this year's sale?? You can PM me if you want.

Eventhough I may sell the property this year, I am still having a hard time of thinking about spring and not planting anything there ...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Rooster, Are you seriously thinking of selling?

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Let's just say it has become an option that I don't think would devistate me as much as it once would of, BUT ...
don't get me wrong, I now always want to have a few acres (10-20) in my life to scratch the land steward itch even if just to improve it to watch wildlife ,if not hunt it, but do to some happenings up there this past year, this parcel may not lead to a house + land combo in the near future and that is what we really wanted....so our eyes are open once again for a house with 10-20 attached. If the right one comes along , yes, I will have to cash out of the land we got now...won't be easy to say good bye to it after some of the things I've done, especially since i will never see them come to full potential (oak plantings, apple trees, etc..) and the hunting memoires made, but my guess is someone will get one heck of rec property, and maybe I'll get what I (we) were truly looking for when we cracked our nestegg , a homestead with a big backyard.

If I could I'd keep it forever, but as anyone in the land game knows..unless you are quite fortunate in finances, one thing often requires sacrifice of another.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
RB, if you do sell your land and ever need to stratch that land steward itch, just head a bit south and I'll put you to work

Here's hoping you and the family find what you are looking for!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts