The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pistol to take out on the line with me. I'd prefer if it was a .22 for the fur and what not. Also, I'd like one that can have a scope on it or laser so I can place my shots well.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Your not allowed to use lasers for hunting in PA and a 9mm is way to much power so is a .380 auto I would reccomend a 22lr pistol or a 17hmr handgun or a 22mag handgun thats all you need.

·
Registered
708 Posts
trapper tim said:
A .22 is all you need. I would say a 9mm is way to much. You can buy a cheap Heritage 22 rev for under 200 bucks.
Agree
Heres mine. Comes with standard and mag cylinders.

·
Premium Member
24,170 Posts
I use a 22 single shot rifle that I got for $20.00

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Callmaker60 said:
Potter Bound said:
trapper tim said:
A .22 is all you need. I would say a 9mm is way to much. You can buy a cheap Heritage 22 rev for under 200 bucks.
Agree
Heres mine. Comes with standard and mag cylinders.
Same one I use.
That makes 3 of use. I forget the price but I remember it was inexpensive. Mine isn't very accurate but is fine at close range.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I also use a single action revolver, first gun I ever bought. Colt frontier scout. Mostly use 22cb shorts as well and hasn't let me down yet!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Any .22 revolver will serve as a trapping dispatch gun. No need for a laser or scope.

Get yourself one of the inexpensive ones the guys are talking about.

I use an old (circa 1950's) Hi-Standard Double-Nine in .22. Just because it's what I have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts