The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pistol to take out on the line with me. I'd prefer if it was a .22 for the fur and what not. Also, I'd like one that can have a scope on it or laser so I can place my shots well.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Lasers no firearms are not legal to use to kill wildlife.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I had an old H&R 922 that I used. It was essentially junk like most H&R pistols that I ever saw but it did the job. I was never too concerned if I dropped it in the creek or it got mud or blood on it.

Most shots are going to be pretty close so you shouldn't have too much of an issue with shot placement with or without a scope. I suspect any .22 should do the job.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I dispatched a 45 lb female coyote last week from one of my traps with a Ruger single ten with a 22 Cb short. I have never had a problem with anything on the trapline with a well placed shot with one of these and it hardly makes any noise and doesnt ruin fur. I bought my Ruger revolver in stainless so its nice to carry in the weather and having 10 shots vs 6 in a single six means I dont carry any extra ammo.

·
Registered
392 Posts
A friend of mine bought a Heritage Mfg. 22/22mag a year or so ago and was happy with. Believe it cost about a $200 bill new. See they have "illuminator" red dot scopes listed on their accessory page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts