The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Benezett day after Christmas for cats and was just wondering what the weather was like? Any snow on the ground? Is the ground frozen? Are the the creeks running high? Anyone else doing good on cats or yotes? Were kinda in a real remote area and don't have to leave camp to trap so I was just wonderin what kinda conditions we were lookin at. Thanks in advance for any info. Let me know if any of you will be around town that week. I'm sure we will be at a few watering holes in town might be able to meet up

·
Registered
295 Posts
im in ridgway and st marys area cricks r little high snows good drifting alot but the ground isnt sold so it workable. hope this helps along the line of cats yet to get mine they dont seem to b running fox r moveing good though.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around the camp we only found cat tracks last year. No yote or fox. Were gonna be setting for cats only but you never know what will be there come check time! Got one cat and some porkies last year. We gotta cross 2 creeks so I better bring waders.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I was to Benezette yesterday to get pictures of elk in the snow. I live about 15 minates from there. Crossing Bennetts Branch is out of the question unless water drops fast. The small creeks are pretty high as well.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much snow was on the ground and what are they calling for? News channels down here keep giving conflicting reports. Trying to figure out what were getting into coming up.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
If you haven't left yet we got about 6" or so today on top of 2 to 3 that was already there. Calling for more tonight but not sure what we will get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts