The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone made hay sets on SGLs for fox or yotes,would that now be illegal to hunt that area? It wasn't intended for deer bait but for a trap set. Same with sweets and berries placed down a dirt hole for coons. Is that now illegal to hunt those areas?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
47studebaker said:
what a stretch !
Is it though? Is it considered baiting or not when used for trapping? I can pour honey down the holes and bears would be attracted to it also. But my target is coon. Now someone could take advantage of it and place some kind of bear lure down the hole and no one would ever know the difference now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chrisb said:
speedstick said:
47studebaker said:
what a stretch !
Now someone could take advantage of it and place some kind of bear lure down the hole and no one would ever know the difference now.
This is the difference between a Sporstman and a slob.
Now if baiting was legal would those same people be considered slobs? What about all those who hunt over bait in other states? I bet they would have you for lunch. It is the slob hunters who end up getting the animal they are hunting though. Everyone cheats sometimes and disobeys a law sometimes. Lets not be a hypocrit now and start calling people slobs because they break a law. But this was about would it be illegal for people to hunt an area that was set for one legal animal but not another. Would they shut down that area from hunting?

·
Registered
946 Posts
speedstick said:
I can pour honey down the holes and bears would be attracted to it also. Now someone could take advantage of it and place some kind of bear lure down the hole and no one would ever know the difference now.

Any person who does this with the intent to illegaly kill an animal in the State of Pennsylvania...... is a slob

·
Registered
706 Posts
Reputation takes a long time to build; but it takes no time to break.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If the person hunting knows about the bait and knows that it is attracting game other than the intended pray, then that would be considered bait if they hunt over it. If someone is trapping coon and a hunter places honey in the hole and then hunts over it with the intent that a bear will come in, it is baiting.

·
Registered
957 Posts
you have about 65posts so far here and I have yet to see you contribute ANYTHING to this site .... You cry and moan about this and that and pose the what if this and what if that all over the board... if you spent as much time hunting as you do sitting around thinking of posts to make on here to cause issues we would probably all be happier.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I am assuming your post was in response to Speedstick and not to Dogtrnr.

·
Registered
240 Posts
John, I am sure that you are right about what yotehunter74 meant, especially after speedstick makes posts like this:

speedstick said:
Now if baiting was legal would those same people be considered slobs? What about all those who hunt over bait in other states? I bet they would have you for lunch. It is the slob hunters who end up getting the animal they are hunting though. Everyone cheats sometimes and disobeys a law sometimes. Lets not be a hypocrit now and start calling people slobs because they break a law. But this was about would it be illegal for people to hunt an area that was set for one legal animal but not another. Would they shut down that area from hunting?
I mean, seriously? This goes back to the whole NRA line of an acceptable level of violations! I guess we are now teaching our children that is okay to cheat, ...sometimes. I guess we are teaching our children that it is okay to disobey a law, ...if it doesn't suit them. And, contrary to what we learn in hunter education courses, the people that break the Game Law and steal(poach) from us are NOT Slobs. They are simply poor misunderstood souls. And we, well, we are hypocrites for not understanding their need for immediate gratification...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No one ever broke the speed limit on here because they was late for something. Everyone of you allways come to a complete stop at a stop sign also. BS Don't tell me about breaking laws when you all do it. And I guess you havent read that I have contributed to this site. I have more knowledge of the game laws than most on here. How many carry lights into the woods in the early morning looking for your stands. That is illegal because you are in the intent to kill a deer. So yes,many hypocrits on here. How many ride their 4 wheelers across main roads or up them a short distance? Again that is illegal. But I guess as long as it doesn't have anything to do with hunting it makes breaking the laws all right. Yep, Hypocrits 100%

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yotehunter74 said:
you have about 65posts so far here and I have yet to see you contribute ANYTHING to this site .... You cry and moan about this and that and pose the what if this and what if that all over the board... if you spent as much time hunting as you do sitting around thinking of posts to make on here to cause issues we would probably all be happier.
Go back and read all my post and then come back and say the same thing. I know more about the laws than most on here.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sounds like you need to find a forum for traffic violations not hunting...that is what HPA is about isn't it? Speeding and hunting have nothing to do with one another...You ask a question and then change it into something else because you are fighting a losing battle...if someone purposely breaks rules to harvest an animal they are breaking the law that is what you wanted to know in the beginning I thought...if you know so much about game laws shouldn't you be answering questions not asking them? You are just looking for arguements. I would call a baiter in a place where it is illegal a SLOB!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
1. Using a trapping lure or bait to harvest the intended legal furbearer is perfectly legal. Using a trapping lure or bait to attempt to harvest game which is not legal to take over bait would be illegal

2. It is illegal to use the light to illuminate a game animal with the intent to harvest it. It's not illegal to use it to find your stand.

3. Non-registered vehicles (ATV's and snowmobiles) may cross roads at as near to a 90 degree angle as possible.

4. Quit trolling and baiting people on HuntingPA. I agree, none of your posts are of any use.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
What??? Illegal to use a flashlight to find your stand?? Not hardley. I don't know what law you know but is isn't the game laws.

·
Registered
957 Posts
John,

took me a bit to catch back up but yes my post was directed at speedstick... and speed stick... you are right you know more than most about the laws... how to bend them and twist them to confuse the guys who are here to find answers. like i said your posts and your contribution to the site are worthless.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
John S said:
What??? Illegal to use a flashlight to find your stand?? Not hardley. I don't know what law you know but is isn't the game laws.
John,

Do you Remember "Comache"?

If so...Is it starting to sound the same or am I just reading to much into his postings?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts