The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next knife will be a Case, either a Trapper or Mini. Is the Trapper too big to carry comfortably in a pocket? Is the Mini a strong knife? I doubt if I want to wear an external sheath. I've no desire to buy a tactical knife either. Old guys like traditional stuff.

I appreciate any input.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
I have an amber bone Case Trapper(beautiful knife!!) which is only 1/2" longer than a mini. It's not to big for everyday pocket carry.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I daily carry a Queen #11. Not sure what the Case # is.
Single blade trapper, light weight, slim in pocket and doe sit all. I've dressed many a deer with one.
I prolly have 25 or 30 of them in different handle scales.

Reactions: slingpack

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I have several Bone handle Case Trapper's which have "USA 6254 SS" stamped on the blade. I have carried one everyday since 2001. With that said I'll probable lose it tomorrow. I also have several Worn Red Bone handle Trappers. Great knives that hold an edge.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I've no desire to buy a tactical knife either. Old guys like traditional stuff.
Me to Slingpack. Like my old slipjoints.
I don't own any Case trappers but I do have and regularly use and carry these two. Both from the 1980ies when Old timer was still made in the USA and still a good tool. A Bearhead Trapper and a Regular Trapper.
Not a whole lot of difference in size. The Bear head came with a sheath but I rarely use it. Both knives are fine in a pocket. You know I find how well things ride in a pants pocket depends a lot on how tight your pants are. I like mine loose and baggy so I can comfortably carry a lot of things in the pockets and never notice it.

Attachments

Reactions: slingpack and Loggy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts