The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't shoot trap or any of the others although I think it would be great fun to do so. But a buddy of mine is organizing a bachelor party and he asked if I knew of any trap, skeet, or sporting clays ranges in the area. The only one he could think of is at Nemecolin. I couldn't think of any. So please help. Are there any other ranges in the Pittsburgh area? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Nemacolin would be the ultimate place if you don't mind spending a few bucks. They are the top notch place in that area. I know you guys would have a great time there. You also have Lawerence county and Castlewood north of you but their facilities are not nearly as nice as Nemacolin.

·
Banned
1,072 Posts
duckman76 said:
You also have Lawerence county and Castlewood north of you but their facilities are not nearly as nice as Nemacolin.
Never been to Nemacolin, but I like shooting at Lawrence County a lot. Then again, I may have simpler tastes than most....

http://www.shootlcsa.com

Their sporting clays course is nice!

Have heard plenty of good things about Castlewood as well.

Both are an easy drive straight up Rt 60 from Pgh/Airport area.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I had my party at Library Sportsman's CLub- However, you probably would have to have a member sponsor. I have heard great things about split rail out in east finley

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Sportemen's Association of Greensburg has all three but the trap, skeet and sporting clays is only open Wednesday nights, skeet is also available Saturday mornings. I saw a show on the outdoor channel and they had a celebrity sporting clays shoot at Seven Springs on their "new" course. I don't know how old the show was or if it's still open. Looked like a nice set up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts