The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice..I caught a ground hog in a Connibear trap a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it was @ my camp and I wasn't there for 6 days. The hog got a little ripe and I was not able to get it out of the trap without having some difficulty holding down my lunch..I had a big fire going outside & decided to throw the critter & trap into the flames. Twenty mins later the hog was gone but when the trap cooled the spring tension was gone as well ..any way to heat it or whatever and get the "temper" back ??

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think that made your trap better. Actually, burn the rest of your traps so they are just like it....

Nothing like posting your illegal activities on HuntingPA...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Rich R. said:
Looking for some advice..I caught a ground hog in a Connibear trap a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it was @ my camp and I wasn't there for 6 days. The hog got a little ripe and I was not able to get it out of the trap without having some difficulty holding down my lunch..I had a big fire going outside & decided to throw the critter & trap into the flames. Twenty mins later the hog was gone but when the trap cooled the spring tension was gone as well ..any way to heat it or whatever and get the "temper" back ??
wow !

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Probably set over a den entrance as well? Another illegal maneuver. I'm glad you tossed that trap in the fire.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
the heat from the fire took out the temper. what you need to do to fix this problem is get a good fire going again. a good hot one with a deep bed of coals. now take that trap and any other ones you own and just toss them in there and walk away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts