The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2002 Trailblazer. Noticed fluid showing up on the driveway. Crawled under it this afternoon and discovered that one of the transmission cooling lines is badly rusted and leaking. We plan on trading it in the next month or two. I'm not one to take short cuts or the cheap route but I really don't feel like replacing the line since we plan on getting rid of it soon. The transmission would have to be lowered in order to replace the line. Was thinking of cutting the rusted part out and use a rubber diesel fuel hose to replace. Thoughts? Good or bad idea?

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
they make a rubber line just for that, handles 300# pressure.

if you want to go one better, cut the line and replace it with steel tubing, and use compression fittings to splice it in.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
yellodog said:
they make a rubber line just for that, handles 300# pressure.
Most aftermarket trans coolers come with it.

When I stuffed the 302/C4 in my Ranger I used the hose that came with the Flex O Lite trans cooler connected to the factory steel lines for a Ranger/Bronco W/C3 .

Bill

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Go for it just get the proper hose.Quite a few vehicles have some hose factory.That trans cooler will never see 300 psi unless it clogs.Closer to 30 psi.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. My wife ended up buying a new Silverado and we gave the Trailblazer to her nephew. Replacing the lines now becomes my brother in laws responsiblity

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
The lines can be purchased aftermarket but the dealer lines fit better and are not expensive.There are 4 sections,I suggest they buy all 4 before even trying to do it.I've done around 10-12 of those jobs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts