The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom Gingher invited me out for a training day along with some others that occasionally visit his house and play area. A group of HPA members were there, some I know, some I didnt know, so excuse me if I dont get all names correct.

Some of the crew assembling

Ben Jones from the PGC along with his young daughter and setter(take notice of the young man in the background)

Pa Sportsman & Irish Joe lamenting they should have gone with setters

11bdickey, Tom, and Justin discussing strategy

Mike Spotts and his young son Jake

Puppy play time

Tom working Bens young pup

Big Don's Mable, with Don going in for the flush

A young shorthair that was up with his owner for his first work on birds, pointing quail

Rober's dogs with a point and back

A young pointer that showed up at my door that I took up to Tom to find a better home

TCaddis young pointer

.... and his pointer wannabe

Jane made a big pot of chili and corn bread to help warm us up at lunch time

The young lady digging in

I think TBird had a crush on the young lady and went back for seconds to impress her

Thanks again to Tom and Jane for a fun day working dogs and good eats. When Jane cooks, I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Great pics. Tom and Jane are wonderful hosts for their training days and great people in general. I was supposed to be there, but when you can't get more than 10' from a toilet it's hard to drive 2.5-3hrs.

Some really nice looking dogs at these events and some good people as well.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
There's no way of differentiating between HPA or UJ riffraff.

First and last time I saw Tcaddis in the flesh, he was running a brace of smelly pointers in my backyard woodcock cover in Bear season.

Kicking myself for not even popping in for a short visit this weekend.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
A lot of nice dogs there this past weekend. i really liked those tri-colors. Got me thinking real hard about another addition to the herd.

Thanks to Tom and Jane for a great day and meal.
The young GSP was brought by a friend of mine and he just kept on saying about how nice and helpful everyone was. After seeing his little GSP point them quail, he was very excited and is now addicted.

·
Registered
365 Posts
What?......no pictures of you driving around with a pointer in your car Jeff?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Lyco Setter said:
There's no way of differentiating between HPA or UJ riffraff.

First and last time I saw Tcaddis in the flesh, he was running a brace of smelly pointers in my backyard woodcock cover in Bear season.

Kicking myself for not even popping in for a short visit this weekend.
..........and was productive. Should have flagged me down. First time I got caught in a bear drive on that game lands.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Keep that under your hat.

I was vigilantly circling that little patch all morning waiting for those sitting pumpkins to clear out as the better areas had guys perched in portables. Usually I'm not afraid to follow up on a spot (with my dogs) just hit by the usual culprits out there (backyard bred labs, gsps, and britts) but I saw the pointers and decided the area was well searched. Being the 300th hunter I saw there that morning, I packed up and headed for the high ground. I saw a silver truck with a "cheap-white trash dog box" and put 2 and 2 together. I found a less populated area which turned up three grouse.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Tom and Jane are first rate folks. I had a great time and my dog did better than I thought she was going to after three months or so of me attempting to screw her up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts