The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scouting for canines is way more effective than waiting for a photo but It can be interesting to try to catch them on trailcams. Personally, I have had terrible expiriences getting canines on trailcamera. Most reds particularly are paranoid by the camera on the tree and fly by it, watch it and run, etc. I never put a camera on my canine sets because I don't want to shy it from working sets. I have seen videos from other areas of fox working sets on trailcam. Not sure if it is just because there is an enormous amount of pressure around here or if you guys in other parts of te state have had the same expirience?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had 3 different bait piles out last year. One had a camera on it and was not touched one time by a canine. I got a few pics of I believe the same coyote stopping about 25 yards away and looking at it but would not come closer. The other 2 were hit pretty regularly when I could see tracks in the snow to determine what was there

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.