The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a traditions pa pellet for 199 with the camo stock and nickel barrel. What is the word on this rifle. I am looking to get into a little muzzleloader hunting next year and would like to pick up a decent rifle without spending $500. Please give me the good and bad of this gun and if it is worth it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
from what I have seen the traditions are not too bad for the money. The sights tend to fall off or break easy and the lock is not too good. But for 200 and if you only want to just get into it, it sounds fine

·
Registered
919 Posts
I own and hunt with the Pa Pellet Ignition has never been an issue and I use 777 pellets and 350 gr hornadays. When you get it throw the factory sights out, they are junk. RMC has replacement sights that are metal. The locks on the Pellet are different from there other guns a bit more heavy duty

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I just got done fixing and tuning up my friends, to make it work the best here are my suggestions. Get the frizzen carberized, they have a thin layer from factory and wear quickly, use english flints, and get a uncle mike's or equivalent hot touchhole. Triple seven pellets seem to work better in it but any moisture(fog etc..) gives these guns a fit on ignition, also the two screws that hold the lock are 2 different length, male sure when u put them back together u put the correct one in or else u will lose 1 like my friend did. I like more traditional muzzy's but to get into it and have fun without breaking the bank go ahead good buy

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
was shooting my flinter ( traditions kentucky0 with 80-100gr American pioneer powder. That stuff goes off like it was real black powder!! I did use 4f goex in the pan though.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have the camo/nickle one. Love it! I worked on the trigger a bit and she is great!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I shot my pa Pellet today for the first time and I've fallen in love with it after only 5 shots.. : ) I took a few notes from what I read on here and my first five shot I ever took with a flint all went off and all hit the target at 50yards.

I sent 8 grams of ffff powder down the barrel followed by 2 pyrodex pellets and a bullet. Filled the pan a little less than half full with ffff and BANG. last three shot were a 3" group at 50 yards. I'm hooked..
PS I paid 200 for my used flint also. Best 200 bucks I've spent on hunting in a long long time..
Pull the trigger and get this flint.. If your not happy with the flint I'll buy it off you for the same 200 you paid for it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
frontier gander said:
hey Ron, post some more pics of that flinter, i'd love to see the barrel on that! Looks like a beauty. Ahhhhh im itchy for one now darn you!
Here ya go.. Not the best pics,but the best I can do right now with the phone.

·
Registered
645 Posts
+1. I like 2 777 pellets. Just a tiny touch of 4f and boom at the trigger pull.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts