The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Traditions Vortek Ultralight 2 years ago. The way the gun is designed does not allow the ram road to be at its complete length while being stored in the gun so when you go to reload you have to unscrew the last 6 inches, flip it over and re-attach it to the ram rod which extends its length about 4-5 inches.

Does anyone know why Traditions made this flawed design? Wastes time on reload, if one is needed.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I kinda like it that way, never minded it on mine. I guess you could have it sitting beside you in the "loading" position in case u need another shot.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
I bought one of their Crocket rifles when they first came out. The ram rod channel was routed rather than drilled. The hole was so short that the ramrod was useless. You couldn't even load the gun with the rod provided...a decoration.

You would think that during the assembly process a person would realize that you have all these rods cut to one length and all of a sudden one needs to be cut off 6 inches there was problem somewhere.

With the barrel out, I chiseled the channel to the breach and replaced the ram rod. I don't if that option exists with this inline. There could be a way to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts