The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new traditions inline for Maryland this fall. Does anyone here have one, and tell me how they shoot? And what model they have?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Traditions Vortek, shoots great and I luv it! I shoot 100gr Blackhorn 209, 260gr Harvester Scorpion PT bullet inside a T/C sabot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an older tc encore one of the first ones. It shot great, but I stopped going to Maryland because I went to Virginia for two weeks in gun season. Anyway, I sold it and wish I never did, but it seems like the encore hype is over and everyone is going to cva or traditions. What range do you get out of your traditions?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've got one and I love it. I shoot 100 grains of White Lightening over a Traditions sabot. Sorry not sure what grain they are, but they are the Traditions bullets that come with two different kinds of bullets, one for sighting in and one for hunting. Mine hit pretty close, but I make sure it's sighted in with the hunting polymer tip bullets and accept being off a bit with the sighting in ones.

Overall it's nice, any deer within 100 yards I would have no issues with. Then again, I never saw a deer that far away in the woods where I hunt.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have a traditions buck stalker I like it a lot. Shoots great and is short and light. Carries very nice if you watch you can find them one sale for around 200.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I have a Traditions Pursuit with the thumbhole stock that I bought used from a friend a few years ago. I shoot 250 grain Barnes XPB Pistol Bullets in MMP Sabots, 100 grains of Triple 7, and a 209 primer. The gun goes bang every time and is deadly accurate. This honestly has become my weapon of choice. I kill a buck or two with this setup every year here in Virginia. It's also special to me because it's the weapon I Killed my biggest buck to date, a 151 inch mainframe 8 point. Here is a pic of my gun.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm confident with mine out to 150yds, that's my longest shot in Va so I don't need any farther. If I have to shoot that far in Pa I wait until the next night when I'm closer! Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts