The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't have much time in the field this rifle season, but my son and I both have time off for the holidays and I was thinking of introducing him to the second season opportunities by purchasing our first flintlock.
I've never hunted with one, never fired one but I believe that we can both learn together and enjoy more time in the field doing what fathers and sons have done for generations.
I've taken a liking to the Traditions Deerhunter model pictured below and would like to ask your opinions please. The price range is very good for me at this time of year.
[img:center]

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have one in the wood stock. I like it. It's not a fancy gun, but it will put the ball in the hole if you do your part. It took a bit of time to find a load mine likes. Once I did, I'm pretty decent with it at the range. In the woods is a different story, still haven't drawn blood with it yet, but that's not the guns fault.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I don't have the Deerstalker, but I do have the PA Pellet rifle. I bought it as my into into muzzleloading. I didn't want to dump a lot more money into an activity I might not like. However, I never had an issue with my Traditions rifle and look forward to the season after Christmas. Will I drop more money on a "better" rifle? Maybe, but right now I'm happy and content.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts