The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this and what loads and ammo are you using?....i can get 3inch group at 25-30 yards with ball and patch and 777 but at 75 yards it goes to about a 10inch group. Thinking about trying powerbelts.

Forgot to mention, using 90gr FF Goex in barrel, FFFF in pan

·
Registered
652 Posts
try 60-70 grains of goex 3f with the patch and ball ive shot pretty consistently with it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I shoot 90 grains of 777 And patched roundball well at 50 yards. 3 of 3 in paper plate. Is the trigger poundage extremely high on your deer hunter? Mine is very hard to pull, and i see know way of adjusting the amount of pressure to fire.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
coyotecrazy410 said:
I shoot 90 grains of 777 And patched roundball well at 50 yards. 3 of 3 in paper plate. Is the trigger poundage extremely high on your deer hunter? Mine is very hard to pull, and i see know way of adjusting the amount of pressure to fire.
Take your lock off the stock and use this link for the owners manual...

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/products/TRADITIONS%20SIDELOCK%20BOOK1.pdf

You can adjust the trigger pull...just adjust the screw shown and make sure it still sets within the groove and not on the lip of the grove..

Play with the lock after each adjustment till you get it to where you want it...you can make your tigger pull easier with the adjustments!
I worked on mine and got it a lot better then it was from the facotry and isn't as hard to pull the trigger like it was fresh from the factory!

·
Registered
661 Posts
my hunting buddy has one of these, the trigger pull was 20#+. I took the lock out and played with the adjustments, along with greasing the contact points. It is around 5lbs now, which is MUCH better than before

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coyotecrazy410 said:
oh yea...mines harder than [censored] to pull after the 1st shot. tried the powerbelts wednesday evening after work and they are grouping ALOT better at 50 yards than i can get patch n ball to.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woodywoodduck said:
coyotecrazy410 said:

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/products/TRADITIONS%20SIDELOCK%20BOOK1.pdf

You can adjust the trigger pull...just adjust the screw shown and make sure it still sets within the groove and not on the lip of the grove..

Play with the lock after each adjustment till you get it to where you want it...you can make your tigger pull easier with the adjustments!
I worked on mine and got it a lot better then it was from the facotry and isn't as hard to pull the trigger like it was fresh from the factory!
I just dont trust myself tryin to mess with it...

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Forestry242 said:
Woodywoodduck said:
coyotecrazy410 said:

I just dont trust myself tryin to mess with it...
DON'T be scared of it, it isn't hard at all!

Just look at the pictures in the link I put up above, back off on the screw and WATCH the 2 pieces move... it even shows you in the pictures in the link what NOT to have it come out looking like!

Take your time and you can make that trigger pull very light, BUT, I personally do NOT Suggest going to the lightest point possiable!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woodywoodduck said:
coyotecrazy410 said:

can anyone find this PDF online? the link above is not working......

·
Banned
462 Posts
You really wont need the owners manual man, I have had my deerhunter apart a couple hundred times and its very simple. The screw you adjust is blatantly obvious too, just adjust a little bit at a time and check after every adjustment. I have mine to dang near hair trigger, but it is safe and will not go off unless you give a mighty big tug.

If you have a question about something other than the trigger adjustment I can probably answer that too lol, or if you really need/want a pic I could provide that.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I took the plunge and adjusted it this afternoon. I will shoot in the morning and see if it made a difference. I really couldnt tell just by doing a dry fire.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts