The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the newer Tradition PA Pellet Ultralight , with 26" barrel and the 1-28 Twist?
I have heard a few good thing and also heard that the Tradition's rifles are prone to mainspring failure.
I have not had any hands on experience with Tradition.
Any input will be of great help, looking to get my Grandson set up for next years flintlock season.

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Anyone using the newer Tradition PA Pellet Ultralight , with 26" barrel and the 1-28 Twist?
I have heard a few good thing and also heard that the Tradition's rifles are prone to mainspring failure.
I have not had any hands on experience with Tradition.
Any input will be of great help, looking to get my Grandson set up for next years flintlock season.
i got one last year. Shoots nice. I haven’t put enough rounds through it to know anything about the springs though. Trigger is heavier than I’d like but manageable. I had high poi and called traditions, they sent me a taller front sight to correct the problem. I’m shooting hornady sst 250rg sabots over 85gr of 3f goex. It was the second load I tried and the groups were great so I stoped trying.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I never heard of them having main spring issues, I always run into the frizzen spring on the outside of the lock is way to heavy and i normally have to weaken it to open up at around 4lbs VS the 10lb factory setting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts