The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thread got me thinkg about this. I remember being told that if game is wounded and runs on to private property that you dont have permission to hunt the land owner has to let the hunter recover their game no matter what. Is this true?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No, it is not true.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I thought someone was saying on a different thread about a deer in a development that the WCO could go on, but the hunter wasnt granted permission and was not allowed to enter onto the property

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
You can't and a WCO doesn't have to help you. If he does, consider yourself lucky and make him your friend. I'm not saying they won't, it's just that they don't make this a priority. From what I get out of it, don't hunt close to property lines, unless you have prior permission to go in and get it. Otherwise, if the landowner says no and the WCO won't come out, you have to let it sit there and rot.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thats what i got out of the other thread as well.....
Private Property is Private property....... No trespassing means no trespassing.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
But it's always worth asking. If the folks who hant land bordering me contactd me prior to the season I would give them my cell phone nuimber and ask them to call me. All of us would be much better off under those circumstances. It's only a matter of respecting the rights of others.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i agree, i would have no problem with people tracking onto my property. would rather have that then a deer go to waste

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I was just wondering if it was true. I have only ever wounded one deer. It was the first doe I ever shot. It ran about three hundred yards and died in someones back yard. The owners had no problem letting me and my dad pick it up though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts