The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday went in the woods here in Perry Co. at 1030, not far from where I parked on a friend's property. Fog lifted, heard a couple shots. At 1145 three rounds a couple hundred yards away, then a short ways from that shooter a couple more, not another shot heard. At 1400 I was bored and started down hill to where I parked. Half way down I met a man and his wife coming up the hill for an late hunt. The man is 82 years old and his wife is 78. Isn't that wonderful? At the bottom I find fresh deer tracks and blood, I could see the deer was traveling down hill and headed toward a stream and across the road between two parked cars. I trailed and back trailed, loosing the trail then finding it again. This goes on like this! 1/4 mile from the place this doe was shot to where I over took her and did a head shot. At the place there she was hit, leg pieces and blood, the shooter just would not trouble their self to check. A nice young fat doe with the hind leg blow away right above the knee. I was glad I found this gift, it took two hours of tracking/hunting! By 1800 all meat was boned out and in the cool.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thank you for putting that doe out of her misery and shame on the other hunter for not being more dilligent in recovering his shot quarry.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
you did good. i've done the same a couple times. always amazes me that people are too lazy to track a wounded doe but will go to the moon for a buck. good job

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all, I only did what is expected of me as a hunter, and all of you fine folks here would have done the same thing, this I know.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Helped a buddy find and finish a doe Saturday night too. He wanted to leave and come back the next day I said it is going to rain, lets go slow and jump her up. We did and a quick shot ended the quest, we dragged her out whole and same story, hung and done by 6 pm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts